The Department for Industrial Furnaces and Heat Engineering at RWTH Aachen University organised the European Academic Symposium on EAF Steelmaking – EASES already three times in Aachen, Germany. Due to the current situation with the ongoing corona/covid-19 pandemic the 4th European Academic Symposium on EAF Steelmaking is now organized as an online event for 16-18 June 2021 from 14:00 to 17:30 CEST/UTC +2 each day.
Scope and Topics
The European Academic Symposium on EAF Steelmaking is focused mainly on researchers and PhD students in academia, RTO’s and companies with the topic of EAF steelmaking and technology. It will give the researchers and PhD students the opportunity to present and talk about their current research projects. It will help to better get to know each other, get a better idea of what others working in the same field are doing and the symposium also creates networks between the people working on similar topics.
Topics for presentations at the symposium include:
- EAF efficiency and optimisation
- Process control and sensors
- CO2 emission reduction and environmental impact
- EAF process modelling and simulation
- Scrap treatment and control
- Alternative/new charge materials
- Slag control
- Production of new steel grades in the EAF
Please submit your abstract for a presentation at EASES 2021 here. The deadline for abstract submission was extended to 10 May 2021.
Important dates for EASES 2021:
- Abstract submission deadline: extended to 10 May 2021
- Participant registration deadline: 11 June 2021
- EASES 2021: 16-18 June 2021
Keep me informed!
In order to be kept up to date with the latest news from the European Academic Symposium on EAF Steelmaking, please fill out the following form: