The 5th European Academic Symposium on EAF Steelmaking is expected to take place in June 2023 and will be organised jointly by the Department for Industrial Furnaces and Heat Engineering at RWTH Aachen University and the Process Metallurgy Research Unit at the University of Oulu.
Scope and Topics
The European Academic Symposium on EAF Steelmaking is focused mainly on researchers and PhD students in academia, RTO’s and companies with the topic of EAF steelmaking and technology. It will give the researchers and PhD students the opportunity to present and talk about their current research projects. It will help to better get to know each other, get a better idea of what others working in the same field are doing and the symposium also creates networks between the people working on similar topics.
Topics for presentations at the symposium include:
- EAF efficiency and optimisation
- Process control and sensors
- CO2 emission reduction and environmental impact
- EAF process modelling and simulation
- Scrap treatment and control
- Alternative/new charge materials
- Slag control and valorization
- Production of new steel grades in the EAF
Keep me informed!
In order to be kept up to date with the latest news from the European Academic Symposium on EAF Steelmaking, please fill out the following form: