The Process Metallurgy Research Unit at the University of Oulu and the Department for Industrial Furnaces and Heat Engineering at RWTH Aachen University organised the 5th European Academic Symposium on EAF Steelmaking – EASES 2023 at the University of Oulu in Oulu, Finland on the 05-07 June 2023!
Scope and Topics
The European Academic Symposium on EAF Steelmaking is focused mainly on researchers and doctoral candidates in academia, research and technology organisations and companies with the topic of EAF steelmaking and technology. It will give the researchers and PhD students the opportunity to present and discuss about their current research projects. It will help to better get to know each other, get a better idea of what others working in the same field are doing and to create networks between the people working on similar topics.
Topics for presentations on the EAF process at the symposium include:
- Efficiency and optimisation
- Process control and sensors
- CO2 emission reduction and environmental impact
- Process modelling and simulation
- Scrap treatment and control
- Alternative/new charge materials (DRI/HBI/…)
- Slag and by-products engineering, processing and valorisation
- Production of new steel grades
University of Oulu
Pentti Kaiteran katu 1
Thank you for all submitted abstracts. The scientific committee reviewed the submitted abstracts and notified the authors. The preliminary programme is available here.
The registration for the symposium closed 7th May 2023.
Important dates for EASES 2023:
- Abstract submission deadline: ended on 28th February 2023
- Full paper submission deadline: 7th May 2023
- Participant registration: closed on 7th May 2023
- EASES 2023: 05-07 June 2023
Keep me informed!
In order to be kept up to date with the latest news from the European Academic Symposium on EAF Steelmaking, please fill out the following form: