The Department for Industrial Furnaces and Heat Engineering at RWTH Aachen University organises the 4th European Academic Symposium on EAF Steelmaking – EASES 2020 at RWTH Aachen University in Aachen, Germany on the 14-15 May 2020!
Scope and Topics
The European Academic Symposium on EAF Steelmaking is focused mainly on young researchers and PhD students with the topic of EAF steelmaking and technology. It will give the researchers and PhD students the opportunity to present and talk about their current projects. It will help to better get to know each other, get a better idea of what others working in the same field are doing and also creates networks between the people working on similar topics.
Topics for presentations at the symposium include:
- Process control and sensors
- EAF efficiency and optimisation
- Scrap treatment and control
- Slag control
- Environmental impact
- Alternative charge materials
- EAF process modelling and simulation
- Production of new steel grades in the EAF
Please submit your abstract for a presentation at EASES 2020 here. The deadline for abstract submission is the 24th January 2020.
The registration for the symposium is expected to open in February 2020. The participant fee will be 110 EUR plus VAT, if applicable.
Important dates for EASES 2020:
- Abstract submission deadline: 24th January 2020
- Participant registration: expected to open in February 2020
- EASES 2020: 14-15 May 2020
Keep me informed!
In order to be kept up to date with the latest news from the European Academic Symposium on EAF Steelmaking, please fill out the following form: